Monday, September 29, 2008

Not the artsiest picture ever, but certainly representative of the last few months!

Many thanks to my friends who have been so unbelievably supportive throughout this summer- thank you for your prayers, encouragement and insight. 

After much prayer, deliberation and well, yes, maybe a little obsessing, I have decided that now seems to be the time to make a CD. 

I sat in with a band the other night- just a few songs- at a small club and I had one of the best nights of my life. I didn't know for sure if I would enjoy performing- worship leading really is (or should be) something different, and I didn't know if I would enjoy the change. But I absolutely LOVED it. The players in the band are friends that I have played with for many years, so for me, it was comfortable and like coming home. The only element missing that night was the absence of my forever supportive husband, who was at home caring for our teeny tinys. 

For all of my over-analyzing and fear of financial insecurity, I had the over-whelming sense that this is, indeed, an opportunity not to pass up. I have no idea if it will result in anything other than "hey, remember when we recorded a few songs?" but I'm willing to commit 100% to it, to see what God has in mind. I had a job interview for a day job and I was actually relieved when I didn't get the job. I had begun to really think that, while waiting tables is a bit of a humble pill to swallow, it is the best option for me and my family right now. Getting to play with my littlest boy during the day is priceless. 

I finally had to let go of determining what the end result should look like- though I do have one lofty goal: there are many artists out there, Christian and otherwise, whose music and live performances are so provoking, so beautiful, so passionate that they create opportunities for worship, depending on the listener. I don't know if God has given me this same gift- He may not. My goal during this project and as I work on getting better at live performances is to see if this is how He has gifted me. I wonder if perhaps He has equipped me to "lead worship" outside of the church walls. I'll be hoping for honest feedback- and where art is concerned, there usually isn't a short supply of opinions. :) 

Again, thank you friends for your prayers and support. Community is an amazing thing. 

1 comment:

Karla B Crabb said...

I am so excited for you! I cannot believe you had such a great time singing when hardly anyone was there. you must really enjoy the singing and music aspect and not the applause or approval of the crowd. You seemed to feel so comfortable and relaxed even though it was your first time there. I don't know what God is moving you and your family toward but I (and my hubby) are honored and excited to be a part of it. we want to support you as much as possible.

I have been asking myself if I have any contacts in the industry and I think I do. I can't beleive it. Who knows maybe God has our paths crossing for such a time as this.

We will pray for you and your family. thanks for letting us in!